Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Care of Self! What Does This Mean? Why is This so Important?

What is Self Care?

Photo credit: Picmonkey




Photo credit: Deposit photos

Many people think that taking care of yourself is being pampered in a spa.  At a spa you are brushed, waxed, polished and primped.  They pluck eyebrows, polish toe nails and fingernails too.  While all of these things are important and sometimes nice to do, polishing the outside is not as important as polishing the inside.  

We need to fuel and care for our brains. When we read to enlighten our brains. It not only allows us to expand our vocabulary, it allows us to polish our knowledge and skills.  We need to read about how we can discipline our children's lives and our lives. We need to read about how to have a "can do" and positive mindset.  We need to read about being at peace in our hearts and minds.  We need to polish and care for our insides and brains more than we do our outsides. We need to learn so we can be self reliant.
                                                            Photo credit: Permanent Culture Now

 This is a quote that I love and I wanted to share:

Elder Marion G. Romney said, "Without self-reliance one cannot exercise these innate desires to serve. How can we give if there is nothing there? Food for the hungry cannot come from empty shelves. Money to assist the needy cannot come from an empty purse. Support and understanding cannot come from the emotionally starved. Teaching cannot come from the unlearned. And most important of all, spiritual guidance cannot come from the spiritually weak."

President Marion G. Romney "The Celestial Nature of Self-Reliance" (Links to an external site.) October 1982 General Conference


We can learn to grow our own gardens.  When we plant and grow our own gardens we do not have to rely on the store to bring us our nourishment. Some homesteaders breed meat rabbits and use those to live off of. They have rabbits that breed, then they have babies, they feed and nourish them and then they use them for their nourishment. When we grow our own food, we do not need to depend on box stores for our nourishment.

Photo credit: Orange County Credit Insurance

How can we save money and live with in our means? There is a saying that you cannot make pennies and spend dimes. This is so very true.  We need to live within our means. We do not need top dollar clothes or cars. It is smart to purchase vehicles that are 3 years old.  For example, we are in 2020 so I would purchase a car that was a 2017 if I was in a market for a car. I would not purchase a new car off a lot. They depreciate in value the minute you drive off the lot. 

Getting clothing from consignment stores, hand me downs or thrift shops cuts the clothing bill in half.  Many times you can find new clothes at thrift shops if they are in partnership with a big box store and a box or boxes where destroyed.  they then sell these to the thrift shop or consignment shops and you get new tagged clothes for 75 percent off. 
I receive many hand me downs, and in turn, I then turn those around and give them to others. I do not hold a garage sale to sell them for profit, as I did not purchase them.  I give them to others who may benefit from them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment